Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Makings of a Doll

Here's the first doll I made. I first heard about Waldorf dolls when my good friend suggested I look at some sites that she had found. She knew that I loved to sew and she was curious to see what I thought of making a doll. So, I started research! (it's what I do.) I researched what it would take to make a beautiful doll and I found some supply websites. (and just for the record, a LOT goes into making a beautiful doll!) So, I ordered the stuff to make Gavin a 12" boy doll.

I waited impatiently for the stuff to ship to me. Luckily, the supplier is in Michigan and it didn't take too long. When the box came, I was so excited! (as a stay at home mom, you look forward to the little things.) I wasn't prepared for the feelings that I felt when I opened the box though. Inside, there was sheeps wool, and it smelled so great! I was kind-of overcome with really good, home-y feelings. I was officially hooked!

Making the 'Gavin doll' was a lot of work. I was up a few late nights after the boys were in bed finishing it. But I think he turned out great for my first try!



I designed his overalls and undershirt because I didn't really see any patterns on-line that would fit him. I finished him and immediately wanted to make another doll. A Morgan doll, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment