Wednesday, September 8, 2010

And Then There Were Two!


My idea was to write about the doll I made forMorgan next, but I decided to write about the dolls in the order that I made them instead. After my mom saw the doll I made for Gavin, she wanted to have me make one of me and my sisters. (she's always been very supportive of what I do) So the next doll I made was the Alison doll! It's about 15 inches tall and has a pretty purpley batik fabric for the shirt. I also made her with some Fairy Wings! I finished the doll by putting a cute flower headband on her and some sandals!
I also learned a lot with this doll. She's not stuffed enough. Waldorf dolls are almost hard, and my first attempts at these dolls have been squishy. Also, I had to make the pattern for her clothes because the supplier that I got the pattern from had clothes that were too outdated. (but it's okay, because I loved designing the clothes!)
Anyway, I love her! (and the boys think it's funny that mommy has a 'mommy' doll!) Up next, the Aunt Kate doll!




1 comment:

  1. I really luv the Alison doll, she is so beautiful. Kathy....

    ReplyDelete